Rajasthan is not only famous for its Daal Bati Churma , Pyaz Kachori or Ghevar but its also known for its delicious Jhajariya Halwa — A Sweet dish named as corn pudding / halwa made out of corn, ghee sugar, milk and garnished with raisins & nuts. The use of ghee & milk in this dessert make it stand out even more enhancing the creaminess of this dish with leaving an impression on both our palate & mind. one can also customize the dish to their preference – the one who is vegan can avoid dairy & milk products by substituting with coconut oil and coconut milk.
Besides the taste of the dish there are many nutritional value-added as corn is high in fiber and aids in digestion. keeping in mind corn has a storehouse of vitamins like B, C & E.
1031 ) ); ?>
Hope you get fascinated with the drooling recipe, so why wait for it and let’s get started. put on your apron and get going.
How to make Rajasthan special sweet dish – Jhajariya HalwaCourse: SweetsCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Jhajhariya is a sweet dessert made in the form of pudding/halwa which is made with sweet corn powder and has a very creamy yet rich taste to it.
Tender Sweet corn – 1 cup ground (skin peeled)
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Cardamom – 2
Milk – 1 cup
- For Garnishing
Saffron strands – 2-3 strands
Cashews – some
Raisins – 1tsp
Cashews – some
- Remove the external skin and the filaments of corn
- Grind the corns until it becomes powdery and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a base Pan and add the grounded sweet corn powder. Cook over low flame and continue mixing ceaselessly for around 10 minutes
- Now slowly include milk by mixing continuously. Keep cooking on low fire till the milk has evaporated.
- Include sugar and blend well. Let the Jhajhariya cook until sugar is totally dissolved and the fluid has dissipated. Continue blending great and cook until it leaves the sides and meets up like a ball. It will take around 5-8 min. Move it in a serving bowl and serve hot by decorating with almond chips, pista and saffron strands.