Suji cheela recipe | Rava cheela recipe is a perfect healthy homecooked breakfast or snacks which is enjoyed by everyone and can be prepared within minutes. This recipe is popular in North India. Rava or suji cheela is very much similar to Besan cheela.
Suji cheela is mostly eaten in the morning as breakfast and loved by every member be it a kid or young and mostly served with varieties of chutney, of your own choice be it coriander chutney | tomato sauce.
Recipe for Suji Cheela | Rava Cheela Recipe
Suji cheelaCourse: BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Healthy suji cheela recipe or rava cheela recipe for breakfast/snacks
1 Cup rava / Suji / Semolina
1/2 cup curd / yogurt / dahi
1-1½ cup water
1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp haldi powder / optional
1 Onion finely chopped
1 Tomato finely chopped
2-3 green chillies finely chopped
1-2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
Oil or Ghee for roasting Chilla
- Firstly, take a large bowl and add 1cup suji and 1/2 cup curd and mix well to avoid lumps.
- Now, add 3/4cup water, salt as per taste.
- Mix everything well with the help of a whisk or spoon to avoid any formation of lumps.
- Keep this batter aside for 15-20 mins so that rava / suji swells completely.
- Now, add onions, tomatoes, green chilies, coriander leaves & red chili powder.
- Then, mix well and water if required to make a thick flowing consistency.
- Now, heat up a pan or tawa and grease well with oil/ghee/ butter and spread ladleful of batter and spread well.
- Cover and cook the Rava cheela from one side to 2-3 minutes.
- Now flip to the other side and apply some oil and press gently to make sure the Cheela cooks completely from both sides.
- It’s done, finally, serve the Suji / Rava cheela with Chutney or toamto sauce.
- You can add veggies of your choice depending on the season like carrot, capsicum, cabbage, or can even add Paneer to make it more nutritious.
- Make sure to soak the Rava for at least 15-20 mins otherwise it will not taste well.
- In addition, you can add more curd to enhance the flavor.
- Cook the Rava Cheela in low to medium heat first, otherwise the Cheela will not cook from inside.