This is a simple & Indian snack made by stuffing spiced boiled potatoes in the bread slices. Indian bread roll recipe is made for a scrumptious evening snack which is mostly loved by kids.
If you don’t like oily food or are a health freak you too have various options as you can simply bake them or air fry them easily. They will be delicious too.
To make the Indian bread roll, you can use any of the bread white or brown. But here for the Indian bread roll recipe, I have used whole wheat brown bread.
INDIAN BREAD ROLL RECIPECourse: Breakfast
Steps to make Indian bread roll recipe:
Water to boil and soak the bread
Red chili powder 1tsp
Black pepper powder 1tsp
Cumin powder 1tsp
Garam masala powder 1tsp
Green chili 2-3
Amchur powder / dry mango powder or lemon juice ½ to 1 tsp
Oil for frying
Steps to make potato stuffing
- Firstly rinse the potatoes & place them in the pressure cooker with water and add salt. Place it over the stove on high medium flame and let it come to 4 whistles.
- Now let the pressure settle down on its own and then take out the potatoes & peel off the skin.
- Grate the potatoes or smooth effect or you can simply mash them using a fork or masher.
- Add all the above ingredients like salt, red chili, green chili, coriander leaves, spices, and mix everything well.
- Adjust the masala or salt according to your taste.
- Steps to prepare the bread slices
- Take the bread slices on the board and you can slice off the sides or if you like the taste of it you can keep it as well.
- Take 1 cup of water in a bowl for dipping the bread.
- Just dip the bread in water for 1 to 2 seconds and take it out. Damp the bread with your palms and squeeze out the excess water.
- Press gently so that the bread stays intact and does not break.
- The final step to make Indian bread roll recipe:
- Place the prepared spiced potato mixture on top of the bread.
- Gently roll the bread and join the edges. Also, seal the top & bottom parts.
- Remember to cover all the edges tightly as they will leak out when you will fry.
- Give the bread rolls a shape, it may be in the form of a cylinder or any shape you like.
- Now the final step is to fry the bread rolls that we prepared.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or wok.
- Check if the oil is hot enough to fry add 3-4 bread rolls depending on the size of your kadhai.
- Fry the bread rolls in medium heat as if your flame will be too high the bread will turn brown and remain uncooked from inside.
- Fry the bread roll till they become crisp & lightly golden.
- Fry them in batches
- Drain out the excess oil in the kadhai.
- Place the rolls on the tissue paper for the extra oil to be removed.
- Your delicious bread rolls are ready to be served. Sprinkle some chaat masala and enjoy with your favorite sauces or dips.
- gently press the bread as they break.
- make sure that the oil is not too high for frying as it will result in burning the bread rolls.